Summer has continued to be on the busy side and now my days are filled with job searching, interviews, and company research. And now that I’m car-less, I can’t just hop in the car and escape to my favorite place, the grocery store.
So the other morning when I was prepping for a phone interview and needed a quick breakfast that packed a little power, I turned to my favorite trusted ingredient that I always make sure is in the fridge: the egg.
This breakfast can also really be eaten anytime and has the potential for endless ingredient combinations. This time around I used red kale, feta, and balsamic vinegar, but I’ve also used arugula, goat cheese, and red wine vinegar. Really, anything goes.
- 1 bunch red kale
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- freshly crumbled feta
- salt and pepper to taste
- Throw in a handful of washed and chopped red kale. Sauté for a few minutes, until the leaves are wilted but still have a slight crunch.
- Remove the kale from the pan and place into a bowl.
- Crack an egg in the hot pan, using a tad more olive oil to avoid any sticking.
- Cook the egg over easy so that the whites set and the yolk is still runny.
- Remove the egg from the pan and place it on top of the greens.
- Add the balsamic vinegar to the hot pan and let it reduce a bit before pouring it over the greens and the egg.
- Top the dish off with freshly crumbled feta and a bit of salt and pepper. Heat up a pan and drizzle in the olive oil.